Vintage Swiss ladies wrist watch by C.H. Meylan for Tiffany in Art Deco diamond and platinum case. The watch is restored with original silver dial and 17 jewel movement, circa 1930. Bezel set are two marquise cut black chalcedony; channel set are 18 baguette cut diamonds at 1.26 carat total weight VS clarity F color; round brilliant cut and single cut diamonds at 0.55 carat total weight VS clarity F color; bead set are 36 round brilliant and single cut diamonds at 0.43 carat total weight VS clarity F color; bead set are 30 round brilliant cut diamonds at 0.15 carat total weight VS clarity F color, total diamond weight at 2.39. Appraised at $13,714. Case #83250.
This watch comes with a full one year warranty from the date of purchase.
About Tiffany & Co.
Charles Lewis Tiffany & John F. Young opened Tiffany & Young in 1837, 180 years ago, in New York. The store’s success grew and in 1845 they ceased creating costume jewelry and began to focus on the art of fine jewelry. Tiffany published its first Blue Book in 1845. This was the first mail order catalog in the U.S. Tiffany began producing silverware in 1847. In 1851, they became the first American company to adhere to a 925/1000 sterling silver standard. Tiffany received their first international recognition at the Paris World’s Fair in 1867 when the company achieved the Grand Prize for silver craftsmanship. It was the first time an American company had won. Tiffany & Co. was America’s top silversmith and purveyor of fine jewels and timepieces by 1870. Tiffany introduced the engagement ring, as we know it today, back in 1887. Charles Tiffany died in 1902. Louis Comfort Tiffany was Charles’ eldest living son. In 1902, he was named Tiffany & Co.’s first official design director. He later founded Tiffany Studios, which was a separate entity from Tiffany & Co.